sunnuntai 14. maaliskuuta 2010

Dabbling with some new goodies


I´ve been playing with some new goodies I got last week. The card´s not really my style but somehow I still like it a lot. It really does pay to think outside the box sometimes.

I found these plain coloured BG papers from my stash and decided to pair them with some black and white cardstock as it would make my card fit the colour challenge at Allsorts (pink, black and white). The borders are done with MS punc around the page punch set... and then I got my hands sticky with some VersaMark and UTEE. I had a go at cracked glass technique. First I stamped my WoJ image and coloured it with Promarkers...managed to smudge the ink a bit as I was in too much of a hurry to let the ink dry, but thought it wouldn´t show that much after I was done with all the melting and cracking of my UTEE... and then all the messy fun began. I did three layers on the image and I think it might have needed a fourth one, but as this was just my first attempt I didn´t mind that much about the end result not being perfect. The flowers on the background are also heat embossed, I used silver powder on them and coloured after embossing with Promarkers. Then just did some faux stitching and added pearls to the corners and voila my card was done!

I´d appreciate it if you´d let me know what you think of my card as it really isn´t my style at all...and there´s no need to be polite, I can handle it LOL.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Tanja, Gorgeous card! Love the MS punched borders.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    VastaaPoista
  2. what a pretty card .\the cracked glaze look is wonderful and i just love the punched borders
    Lisa ;)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hi Tanja
    Lovely card - love the MS border punch.
    Great technique as well with the cracked glass effect.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    VastaaPoista

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I soooo very much appreciate every single one of them.
xxxTanja

Related Posts with Thumbnails