sunnuntai 22. marraskuuta 2009

The Sugar Bowl #24



I decided not to leave my entry for the Sugar Bowl to the last minute and have already made my card. I thought Marlene´s sketch looked like a lot of fun, that´s why I had to start crafting right away... and I have to say this card may have turned out to be my all time favourite (at least for the moment LOL).

I chose to use this cute Gorjuss girl drawn by Suzanne Woolcott because I had the image stamped waiting on my desk, but I don´t think I could have chosen a better image even if I had gone through all my Sugar Nellie stamps (and I do have a fare share of them...but not enough I might add). I coloured the image with Promarkers and distressed the edges with some inks.

The please include option was zig-zag and that´s why I cut the other side of the image to resemble a non uniform zig-zag and also used a piece of linen lace as an embellishment. The whole image portion of the card is actually raised up on foam pads, but you can´t really tell that from the picture.

I used some Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses papers to go with the cute image and distressed all the edges with my scissors. A linen string wrapped around the card three times, self adhesive rhinestones and a sentiment finish of this heart warming card. Joy and peace to the world!

...

Ajattelin tällä kertaa olla ajoissa Sugar Bowlin korttini kanssa. Marlenen luonnos vaikutti niin kivalta, että oli alettava askarrella miltei välittömästi. Lopputuloksena oleva kortti taitaakin olla tämän hetkinen lempparini kaikista tekemistäni korteista.

Leimakuva on Suzanne Woolcottin Gorjuss girl, joka lojui pöydällä valmiiksi leimattuna. En tosin olis parempaa kuvaa voinut varmastikaan valita, vaikka olisinkin käynyt Sugar Nellien leimavarastoni läpi. Värittelin kuvan Promarkereilla ja vanhensin reunoja musteilla (ruskealla ja vihertävällä kullanhohtoisella musteella).

Lisäoptiona piti kortissa olla jotain siksakkuvioista, niinpä leikkasin leimakuvan toisen reunan siksakin muotoon ja lisäsin alle vielä palasen pellavapitsiä, jossa myös oli siksak reuna. Koko kuvan osuuden nostin 3d-tarrojan avulla koholle, mutta sitä ei kuvasta valitettavasti huomaa.

Paperit kortissa on Basic Greyn Eskimo Kisses lehtiöstä ja niiden reunat olen repinyt saksien avulla. Lisäksi koristeena on pellavanarua ja tarratimantteja. Siinäpä tuo kortti siis. Rauhaa ja iloa maailmaan!

4 kommenttia:

  1. Voi kun tää on ihana! Tosi kaunis kortti! =)
    Jotain kivaa blogissani odottelee...

    VastaaPoista
  2. Great card!
    Looks very beautiful.
    The zigzag is also great.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great card, love your zig zag and the papers you've used. Lisa x

    VastaaPoista
  4. Beautiful card and love your take on the sketch! Papers are just so pretty and I really love your zigzaged edge. Great work! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a wonderful day!

    VastaaPoista

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I soooo very much appreciate every single one of them.
xxxTanja

Related Posts with Thumbnails