tiistai 26. tammikuuta 2010

A touch of vintage...



Hopefully I´m not too late for the DT Call at WoJ Challenge. I started making my card with the intention of keeping it simple, but somehow I got a bit carried away and it turned into this "not so simple" creation. It´s done in the same way as my card for the WoJ GDT Call (scroll down a few posts if you´d like to take a look at that one).

I did the challenge combining thing again and went of to search for a sketch to fit the WoJ Challenge´s recipe: #2 which was 3 patterned papers, 2 bling and 1 flower. I found what I was looking for from Sketch Saturday. I used a WoJ stamp from the fall stamp kit that I hadn´t inked up in a while, which ment that my card also fits the challenge at Quixotic Paperie. My card has a lot of dimension in it... and that was the theme at Totally Gorjuss. A Spoon Full of Sugar made it easy by letting us freestyle. So that being said this card goes to those five challenges even though my main goal was to apply for the DT spot at WoJ Challenge.



Here´s my folder card opened up. I´ll show the outside again last as I think the most interesting stuff is in the inside. I made some gift tags again using some left over scraps of dp and stamped white cardstock with a script stamp. I went through all of the edges with distress ink to get an aged look.




Here are the tags in a close-up picture. The sentiments are from Whiff of Joy and the edge was punched with MS Doily lace punch. Both tags are pretty much the same, the only difference is in the sentiment that is stamped onto a die-cut cardstock tab.




I coloured my image with Promarkers using only brown and grey tones (with a hint of blush). The papers are from K&Company. The paper flower was white, but it was of too much of a contrast to the rest of the card so I dyed it with Promarkers and distres ink. My bling came in the form of pearls, which I actually had only those two that were needed left. They were also too white to begin with but so came Promarkers to the rescue again.




This is what the outside looks like. The card´s simply held together with a linen string. I´m really happy with what I ended up with, I know I´ll be making a few of these in the future...too bad this folder thing hardly fits into any envelope, but that´s just even more the reason to give it someone in person (double the present LOL).

Bye now... dream of times past, future to come.

10 kommenttia:

  1. Wow. This card is stunning. hanks for joining us at TG
    Love Sarah W xxx
    p.s. do check out the DT blogs too and feel free to become a follower to see what we all get up too

    VastaaPoista
  2. UPEA!!! Todella, todella kaunis kokonaisuus! Ihanasti väritetty leimakuva! TYKKÄÄN!!! =)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oh My, this is sooo beautiful!! I love the wonderful aged look and all the fabulous details!!!

    VastaaPoista
  4. So very beautiful! I love it! Such gorgeous details.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Gorgeous card Tanja. Love the image you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

    VastaaPoista
  6. This is stunning Tanja. Love the dimension. Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

    Kat x

    VastaaPoista
  7. The card is so beatiful, nice papers .

    VastaaPoista
  8. Love your vintag looking card:-) very nice trim added to the side. Thank you for joining us at TG this week
    Michele

    VastaaPoista
  9. Gorgeouss card so beautifully done :) Thanks for joining Sketch Saturday this week.
    hugs Ria

    VastaaPoista
  10. WOW! Such a gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Swantje x

    VastaaPoista

Hi! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I soooo very much appreciate every single one of them.
xxxTanja

Related Posts with Thumbnails